Well, not really in the same fashion. This was some kind of crazy taste sensation (modern Mexican?) that was quick and infinitely easy to make. And deliciously titillating on the taste buds. What was it, you anxiously ask? Mmmmm.... Sweet Potatoes with Warm Black Bean Salad from EatingWell.com.
I baked the sweet potatoes instead of microwaving, because I had the time to do it while working, but microwaving would be faster. I also sautéed some onions and red peppers, because I thought it was a bit short on vegetables. If you serve another vegetable on the side, it's not necessary to improve the flavour, as it's already spectacular.
As you can see from the picture, I LOVE cilantro, so added lots. If memory serves, the next night I used up the leftover sweet potato and beans, but this time adding extra sharp cheddar instead of sour cream. Yummmmmm!
I hope you try this one. It's easy, fast, and so wonderfully tasty.
Sweet Potatoes with Warm Black Bean Saladhttp://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/sweet_potatoes_with_warm_black_bean_salad.html
From EatingWell: December 2005/January 2006, EatingWell Serves TwoFor a satisfying last-minute supper, it's hard to beat a sweet potato zapped in the microwave. The fragrant filling of beans and tomatoes adds protein. Be sure to eat the skin, which is full of fiber, as well.
4 servings | Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork in several places. Microwave on High until tender all the way to the center, 12 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, place in a baking dish and bake at 425 degrees F until tender all the way to the center, about 1 hour.)
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwaveable bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, oil, cumin, coriander and salt; microwave on High until just heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. (Alternatively, heat in a small saucepan over medium heat.)
- When just cool enough to handle, slash each sweet potato lengthwise, press open to make a well in the center and spoon the bean mixture into the well. Top each with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro.
NutritionPer serving : 295 Calories; 6 g Fat; 2 g Sat; 3 g Mono; 6 mg Cholesterol; 52 g Carbohydrates; 8 g Protein; 9 g Fiber; 572 mg Sodium; 541 mg Potassium
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable 1/2 fat